This meal was a hit! Comfort food made healthy! I love spaghetti squash because it doesn't have much of a flavor, so it takes in the flavor of whatever you put on it.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 1/2 cups of Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 cups of Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. I microwaved mine for about two minutes to soften it a bit so it would be easier to cut.
- Drizzle the spaghetti squash with a little bit of olive oil and salt.
- Put spaghetti squash on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for 35 minutes. Squash is done when it is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey on medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Add marinara sauce and cottage cheese to the cooked ground turkey, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, use a fork to scoop out half of the spaghetti squash and add it to the turkey mixture and combine.
- Fill up the spaghetti squashes with the turkey mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes and then broil for one minute to make the cheese golden brown.
This makes great leftovers! This cooked enough for my fiance and I to have it for dinner and for lunch the following day!